Friday, February 20, 2009

Mom's famous spaghetti

Ok, this is one of my mom's classic recipes. And anyone who has tried knows that there isn't a marinera sauce out there that can beat it. I asked her for the recipe not too long ago and she didn't even have it! She had to make the sauce and write down what she was doing because she usually just throws the ingredients in. One day I hope to be able to cook in that way! Just throw things in without a recipe! Well, here you go... it is really yummy!

Ingredients:

2 bottles Newman Marinera Sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
2 packets of McKormick Thick & Zesty Spaghetti Sauce mix
1/4 cup sugar
Ground Beef

Directions:

Brown the ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Add remainder of ingredients and stir until mixed well. Cook in skillet for 15 minutes and serve.

**As you can see this makes a TON of sauce. I have halfed the recipe and it is still delicious. I usually make this when I am taking a meal to another family and there is enough to feed mine as well!

1 comment:

anya said...

This looks awesome! :)