Saturday, May 9, 2009

Twice Baked Potatoes

I love potatoes and will eat them about any way you can make them. But I must say that one of my favorite ways to make potatoes is with this yummy recipe. Although I usually have to be thinking ahead to have these ready in time for dinner, it is totally worth it! I just had to share...

Ingredients:
3 or 4 large potatoes
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup cheese
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp season salt
1/2 cup bacon bits
3/4 stick butter
salt & pepper

Bake potatoes on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Don't wrap them in tin foil or anything because we want the crust of the potato to be hard. Make sure they are cooked through. While they are baking, add butter, bacon and sour cream in a bowl and mix. Once the potatoes are done, remove them from the oven and cut each potato in half, length wise, and scoop out the insides of the potato skin and add to the butter/bacon/sour cream mixture. Mash the ingredients together. Lay the empty potato skins on the cookie sheet. Then, add remaining ingredients to the potato mixture and stir. Now fill the empty potato skins with the potato mixture you have created. I like to fill them very full so each skin is heaping with potatoes. Once you have sufficiently filled each skin with the potato mixture place them back on the cookie sheet and top each potato with cheese. Finally you place the potatoes back in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. These are so yummy! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

No comments: